I just finished the Caring Economy Advocates Program. My first project was my blog post that you can read at BreatheRevolution.com, scroll down to "Start the revolution within yourself" and my blog posts are listed there. I touch on some basics of the Caring Economy.
The following is a list of projects I'm considering:
1. Seek out receptive listeners/action oriented individuals: Unitarian Universalists (which I am a member of), see if the UU is open to a social justice group on Caring Economy or a small group.
2. Continue to host events where child care is complimentary. I have an upcoming event Friday, July 14th…I would like to give out cards with info on a caring economy…put out information about my blog regarding Caring Economy, future Caring Economy events/discussions, etc…continue to teach Caring Economy/philosophy into my martial arts program. I teach Cuong Nhu Oriental Martial Arts to kids (6 years old & up) and adults.
3. Encourage the local UU to add The Real Wealth of Nations to their library/bookstore & add any literature (with permission) in printed format & for distribution at my studio & the UU.
4. Connect with Oneida community, showed a movie about Standing Rock activists in February and over 80 people showed up…I want to catalyze on the interest from this event and keep empowering people.
5. I plan to be involved in our new local UU minister's mission of prison reform... I will also start penpal communication with a Waupun Maximum Security prisoner, who is also UU.
6. My goals are to continue to connect with our community, micro and macro communities! Happy Interdependence Day! We are all connected!